Lisa Jackson Makeup Artist/ Stylist
Looking for a challenging role as a hair stylist/ makeup artist in a reputable business where my talent and skills are needed. With a willingness to teach and still remain teachable.
A highly creative and gifted Stylist/ Makeup Artist with more than twenty-five years experience in the beauty industry. Proficient in producing creative and technically perfect visual representation. Looking for a challenging position to utilize my skills and proficiency in the mentioned fields. She is an educator, makeup artist and award winning stylist with such winnings as Golden Scissors Female Stylist of the year, Golden Scissors Female Stylist for print, Milky Way's grand prize winner (ATL), Urban Beauty's Designer, Bronner Bros., the CAO of the Black Beauty Association (BBA) and more. Lisa has a gift and a passion for "BEAUTY", a pure heart for "Excellence" and an eye for "Creativity". Her work can be found in hair magazines such as StyleQ, Xtreme, Black Beauty, Streaks and Hype Hair.
Summary of Qualification:
- 24 years of experience as a hair stylist.
- Licensed cosmetologist in Virginia.
- Award winning stylist, with multiple awards.
- Participated in events and promotion regarding hair care /make up artistry as an instructor.
- Multiple hair magazine publications.
- Great ability of providing the customer service.
- In depth knowledge of current trends and styles
Make up- Artist
- Communicated with customers regarding visual requirements
- Ensured that performers, models and presenters have fitting make-up and hairstyles before the final presentation
- Responsible for determining budget and requirement
- Sketch various designs and generative creative ideas for make-up / hair styles
- Handled the tasks of maintaining hairpieces, wigs, and other equipment necessary for make-up
- Maintained awareness on health and safety issues
- Handled the tasks of fitting and applying wigs and hairpieces
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of make-up products and available hair
- Handled the tasks of budgeting, sourcing, and ordering equipments and materials from professional suppliers.
- 10 years experience as a makeup artist.
- Researched on production requirements like character, stage setting, period and situation
- Applied suitable make-up to artists according to their respective roles.
- Applied different techniques to bring about changes in facial features, skin texture and bodily contours to produce appropriate situation and characters.
· Possess creative imagination and strong visual sense
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· Ability to work under pressure
· Methodological and ability to pay attention to details
· Ability to work cooperatively with diverse teams
· In-depth knowledge of the beauty industry
· Possess strong interpersonal and management skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and multiple projects
· Goal oriented and ability to handle customers with confidence
· Profound ability to work efficiently
Hair stylist/ Makeup Artist, Redefining You Salon, Richmond, Virginia
- Responsible for the hair cutting by utilizing various hair cutting techniques.
- Used hair colors according to the customers demand.
- Cut and set hairs in different styles such as curls, straightening etc.
- Advice customers on do's and don'ts regarding hairs.
- Style hairs for the fashion shows.
- Schedule the appointments and answer the phone.
- Also handles some management responsibilities.
Hair Stylist/ Makeup Artist, Opulence of Hair Salon, Richmond, Virginia
- Responsible for the cutting and styling hairs.
- Used hair colors and other techniques to set the hair styles according to the customers demand.
- Answer the queries of the customers and schedule appointments
- Responsibilities also include makeup
Gospel Recording Artist Tammy Terrell Johnson 2011
B.I.G Productions Present
· A lead makeup artist for stage plays
Xtreme Magazine 2004- 2010
Black Beauty Hair Magazine 2004- Present
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) STRUT 2005
Kool Production, TX 2005
· Save Folk, movie
Earshot Productions, VA 2005
· Faith Boogie, Rapper Music Video/ Photo shoot
1990 Virginia Apprenticeship Program
1994 Certified by ISOPLUS Bronner Bros. Show 1996-2010
2004 Airbrush Makeup with Toni Acey 2005 Danessa Myricks
2010 Brazilian Keratin Treatment Certified 2010 Paul Mitchell Certificate of completion cut/color
2011 TIGI cutting 2011 Paul Mitchell color class
2011 IBS New York. 2011 IMATS New York
2011 The Makeup Show 2010-2011 IMATS LA
Mrs. Jeanne Booker, Owner
Redefining You Salon, Richmond, Virginia email@example.com
Mr. Weldon G. Bond, Owner
Black Beauty Association/ Black Beauty Media 804-641-5592